Caprese style cous cous stuffed tomatoes with mozzarella, basil & balsamic glaze
1 tbsp balsamic glaze
Handful of fresh basil leaves – chopped finely
- Pre heat the oven to Fan 180°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Make up the couscous following the packet instructions.
- Stand the tomatoes stalk side down (this helps it from rolling over as a flatter side) and carefully cut the bottom off and discard.
- Carefully hollow out the tomatoes and discard the seeded pulp.
- Lightly oil the tomatoes outer skin and place on a baking tray, bake in the oven for 5 minutes until slightly soft and warm.
- Once the couscous is ready mix together the Mozzarella chunks and Basil.
- Spoon into the warm tomatoes pack down firmly.
- Drizzle a little olive oil and balsamic glaze over the tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for a further 15 to 20 minutes until the skins start bubbling and the cheese melts.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, serve with a green salad.
Why not try stuffing bell peppers for a change or replace the Mozzarella for Goats Cheese.